Mine Surveyor’s Government Certificate of Competency
Ms Gugu Mtetwa
Tel : +27(0)12-444 3545
The following documents must be supplied before writing the Mine Surveyor's Government Certificate of Competency examination:
• Application for acceptance
• A certified copy of any of the following qualifications:
a) An appropriate mine surveying degree;
b) A national diploma in mine surveying;
c) The Chamber of Mines Advanced Certificate in Mine Surveying
d) Any other equivalent mine surveying qualification(s) acceptable to the Commission of Examiners.
• A certified copy of the official Chamber of Mines record of service form on an official company letterhead confirming proof of your appropriate experience, subject to the following minimum criteria:
a) At least three years practical experience in mine surveying acceptable to the commission, provided that one year has been in the underground workings of a mine;
• An original letter from the Chief Surveyor, Mentor or other Competent Supervisor regarding your relevant experience.
• A testimonial confirming your general good conduct and sober habits.
• A certified copy of your identity document.
Once you have had confirmation of acceptance as a candidate, the following must be completed and submitted before the closing date of the examinations:
Examination arrangements 2015
NOTE: All examination entries received after the closing dates will be held over to the next examination. All re-mark appeals received after the closing dates will not be considered.
• Mining Economic 2 Project