Mine Manager’s Government Certificate of Competency
Mine Manager's Government Certificate of Competency
Examination Administrator 1
Ms Cynthia Mokgobi
Tel :+27(0)12-444 3272
Examination Administrator 2
Tel :+27(0)12-444 3505
Examinations are set under the auspices of the Commission of Examiners. It forms a formal part of an educational qualification and is open to any acceptable candidate. Unless otherwise stated, all examinations are three hours long. The pass mark is 50%.
Candidates must ensure that their applications are submitted well in advance of the closing dates. No allowance will be made for any errors or omissions by candidates, training institutions or other persons or by the postal authorities.
All entries are acknowledged and it is the responsibility of candidates to ensure that an acknowledgement has been received.
NOTE: Applications received after closing dates will be transferred to the following exam. Examination arrangements to be provided
Examination arrangements for 2015
For detailed year plan 2015 Click here
MMCC May 2015 Examination Time Table Click here
MMCC October 2015 Examination Time Table Click here
MMCC October 2016 Examination Time Table Click here
Optional questions will be given for coal/metal where appropriate:
• Subject A1: Geology
• Subject A2: Surveying
• Subject A3: Engineering
There will be separate papers for metal and coal (priorities determine).
• Subject B1: Mining technologies (Mining)
• Part B - Mining II: Mining technical services
• Part B – Mining II Mining technical services (coal)
• Subject B3: Mining III (Management)
This is an open-book examination and is two-and-a-half hours long.
• Legal Knowledge
• Mine Health and Safety Act, 1996 (No 29 of 1996) including Regulations made or deemed to have been made under this Act - previously under the Minerals Act, 1991 - that relate to health and safety issues.
• Mines and Works Act, 1956 (Act 27 of 1956) - definitions and Section 9 of the Act which was not repealed by the Minerals Act, 1991.
• Mine Health and Safety Amendment Act, 1997 (Act 72 of 1997).